Ever been to a railway station during rainy days - to leave for your hometown, or for a trip? Most of all, the train turns out to be late. Late by 10 minutes, or late by 15. What if you already knew the train was late? It can be a life-saver in cold weather. Trains are often late when there is fog, or it is raining. It could save you 10 minutes, or maybe half-an-hour. You could know right from your home, if your train is going to be late!
To help you in such situation we have a service called Train Enquiry. It is quite similar to Train Running Status. It can tell you if your train is going to be 10 minutes late - or 15 minutes early! No matter if you're taking the fastest train (Bhopal Shatabdi) or slowest. Just go to TrainEnquiry.org and you'll never waste your time on railway station again!
- Go to TrainEnquiry.org: This is where you'll know the time when your train will come at your station. But there are plethora of services here. You'll find 9 icons. Click the first one - which says "Train Enquiry"
- Put the Train number: On the next page there are two fields: Train Number / Train Name is one of them. Every train has a different number. For example: Bhopal Shatabdi, the fastest train in India, has the number 12001. Put the train mumber or enter a few starting letter of train name and list will show. Select your train form it.
- Put the date: Put trains starting date from Origin. Checking Train enquiry is only good enough if your train is arriving within next hour. If you have a train for tomorrow, don't check today. Check tomorrow, 3-4 hour before the train arrives.
- Check, check, check: Now is the time to check. You'll receive a list stations of your train. The stations it has reached (and left behind) will be marked departed in red. The station it is at will be marked: arrived in green.
- Also Check the station before your station. Is it arrived, departed or blank? If it is arrived or departed, look at the the third last box. It indicates delay. A 3m indicates your train was 3 minutes late on the last station. A 30m is a 30 minutes delay. But if the arrived/departed box is blank, your train hasn't reached the station before you.